Social Activation of Video
After your videos are live on YouTube or Vimeo, what then? The people will come? Er, no.
Your videos need to be seen, otherwise you've wasted time and money. And seen on both on your website and in social media. Which means getting them into the right blogs, streams and feeds, to influencers, and at the right frequency. This is the noble art of social video marketing.
You need research into the pools of your viewers, and by combining judicious timing with research, message and call to action, you can harvest a strong response. In summary:
Before they watch
- Finding audiences and influencers
- Publishing where they can see your videos
- Appealing to them with relevant and inciting language
- Optimising frequency, timing and relevance
After they watch
- Creating easy, low-risk paths for them to follow
- Testing and improving
YOUR AUDIENCE CHALLENGE
It really helps the project to define a clear audience challenge. Take an example: if your intention is to win hearts and minds, it’s helpful to reveal your whys: perhaps your website traffic is light, you’ve low visibility on social media, or your proposition is misunderstood. Now that’s a better defined challenge. It shapes the activation work and immediately suggests an objective.
THE VALUE OF ACTIVATION
It's a good idea to give activation work a clear objective. For example: to stimulate 120 calls a month. And in the ‘hearts and minds’ challenge above, the activation task might be to increase social reach to 5,000 per month, build web traffic to 2,000 per month, and to convert 1% of visitors.
Just add a time-frame for those KPI’s and then build effective campaigns for them. You can add value by discovering where your audience dwells. And also use automation to post, repost and share your content, making the calls to action relevant.
THE ACTIVATION PROCESS
Once your videos are created, publish and share with your audience like this:
- research audiences by demographic and behaviour
- optimise, title, tag and SEO the videos to boost traffic
- appeal to them with relevant and inciting language in supporting posts
- publish, republish and share the videos on social media streams and groups, forums and republishers
- optimise frequency, timing and relevance
- share with influencers, to encourage engagement and conversations
- test and improve your campaign regularly
As the campaign unfolds, measure the audience response – clicks, conversions, calls, trials, purchases, enquiries and more, to assess the improvement in audience behaviour.
Your outcome should be a campaign that brings viewings to your videos, that incites audience reaction in a way that your enterprise deserves.
Which results in trust - the moment when your clients truly see the good you do.